Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 25 – 30 minutes
Ingredients for Dough:
- 3 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup flour
Ingredients for Filling:
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. flour
Pecans: Chop 2/3 cup, adding ½ cup to the filling mixture. The rest can be used to sprinkle bottoms of dough cups before filling or sprinkled on top of dough mixture prior to baking.
- Mix dough ingredients together; form balls about 1 inch in diameter. If dough is too soft to form, then refrigerate until set.
- Spray miniature muffin tins with non-stick spray. Press pastry balls into muffin tin well, making small dough cups with sides up to the top and approximately 1/8” thick.
- Mix filling ingredients together. Add pecans.
- Put 1 teaspoonful of filling into each dough cup, about ¾ full. Filling will expand. Top with pecans if desired.
- Bake 325 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes; pastry will be just golden and filling set. Cool, then remove with knife.
- Store in covered container. Freezes well.
Recipe submitted by Lynsley H.
Servings: 8 – 10
Prep Time: 15 minutes, plus 2 hour chill time.
- 9” baked pie shell
- 1 ¼ cups packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 Tbsp butter, cut up
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a medium saucepan, combine ½ cup brown sugar and ¼ cup butter. Cook and stir over low heat until butter melts and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ¾ cup brown sugar, flour and cornstarch. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, stir to combine. Gradually stir in whipping cream. Return saucepan to heat. Cook and stir over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Reduce heat and cook two more minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolks. Gradually stir in about one cup of the hot filling into the yolks. Add yolk mixture into saucepan. Bring to gentle boil over medium heat stirring constantly. Reduce heat. Cook and stir two minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in 3 Tbsp cut up butter and vanilla. Pour filling into baked pie shell. Cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 2 hours.
- To serve, prepare whipped cream topping by beating 1 ¾ cups of whipping cream, ¼ cup powder sugar and ¼ tsp of vanilla in a chilled mixing bowl. Beat until moderately stiff peaks form. Spread evenly over cold filling. Serve immediately or store covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Recipe submitted by Nancy B.