1 prepared chocolate cookie pie crust
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
8 oz. cream cheese (at room temperature)
4 1/2 cups (12 oz. container) Cool Whip, divided
1 jar hot fudge topping, divided
- Combine peanut butter, cream cheese, and sugar in medium bowl. Mix well. Fold in 3 cups of Cool Whip. Spoon mixture into pie shell.
- Smooth mixture to edge of pie. Reserve 2 tablespoons of fudge topping. Place remaining topping in microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir well. Spread hot fudge topping over peanut butter layer.
- Refrigerate until serving time. Just before serving, cover pie with remaining 1 1/2 cups of Cool Whip. Place remaining 2 tablespoons of hot fudge in small plastic bag and knead for a few seconds. Cut a small hole in the corner of the bag. Drizzle fudge over pie. Do same with 2 Tablespoons of peanut butter, going in opposite direction of the hot fudge.
Submitted by Nancy B.
Prep Time: 10 minutes, not including freezer/ setting time.
- 1 package peanut butter Oreos
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
- 12 oz chocolate chips
- 6 oz butterscotch or peanut butter chips
- Brown sprinkles
- Pretzel sticks
- Allow the cream cheese to come to room temperature. Put Oreos in a food processor and pulse until you have crumbs. You may need to split this into 2 batches, depending on the size of your food processor. Once cream cheese is soft, mix Oreos and cream cheese until well blended.
- Use a heaping tablespoon of the mixture to create acorn shapes. To form, roll into an elongated ball, then pinch one end so that it is slightly tapered. Place the acorns on a baking sheet covered in wax paper. Place in freezer for one hour.
- Once acorns are hard, melt chocolate chips in a bowl. Dip each acorn into the chocolate with a fork, tapping the edge of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Then place acorns back onto waxed paper. Continue to dip all the acorns and allow the chocolate to harden at room temperature.
- Once the chocolate-covered acorns are hardened, melt the butterscotch chips in a bowl. Pour the brown sprinkles in a separate bowl. Dip the tops of each chocolate-covered acorn into the butterscotch, then immediately dip into the sprinkles.
- Cut ½ inch pieces of the pretzel sticks. Dip the edge of each pretzel stick into the butterscotch and press into the top of each acorn. Return to baking sheet to allow the pretzels to set before serving.
Recipe submitted by Kathy T.