1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 large Udi’s Gluten Free Large Tortillas
1/4 lb. ground beef
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
1/4 cup fat-free refried beans
3 tablespoons taco sauce
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
1 small tomato, diced
1 green onion, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium high heat. Add one tortilla and fry until golden and crispy, about 3 minutes, flipping halfway through. Drain on paper towel lined plate. Repeat with other tortilla.
- Remove oil from skillet and add beef, stirring constantly until cooked through and browned, about 8 minutes. Stir in taco seasoning, set aside.
- in microwave safe bowl, heat refried beans for 3 minutes, set aside.
- On a large baking sheet, place 1 tortilla. Top with refried beans and beef. Top with second tortilla, add taco sauce and cheese on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for about 5 minutes until cheese is melted. Top with diced tomatoes and green onions. Serve.
Recipe submitted by Emily K.
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef or turkey
1 package of taco seasoning
2 medium onions, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
1 10 oz can RoTel Original Diced Tomatoes and Chiles
1 28 oz can fire roasted crushed tomatoes
10-12 small yellow corn tortillas
1 14 oz can refried beans
2 cups small curd cottage cheese, drained
1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup Cheddar cheese
Cherry tomatoes, sliced
Green onions, sliced
Black olives, sliced
1. Brown the ground beef. Remove from heat and drain grease. Set meat aside.
2. Saute onions and garlic about 5 minutes. Add to meat.
3. Add Rotel Tomatoes to mix.
4. Add taco seasoning to mix, stir well. Set meat mixture aside.
5. Cook tortillas in a small amount of oil in a skillet, frying one tortilla at a time. 5 seconds on each side.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
7. Cheese mixture: Mix egg, cottage cheese, monterey jack & cheddar cheeses. Set aside.
8. Spread refried beans on tortillas.
9. In casserole dish, layer tortillas with refried beans, meat mixture, cheese mixture, and fire roasted crushed tomatoes. First layer of tortillas will overlap and not fully cover the bottom of the dish. Repeat layers until dish is full. Leave tomatoes as final top layer, and add extra cheese prior to baking.
10. Bake for 35 minutes, until casserole is heated through. Let casserole stand for 5 minutes after baking to firm up.
Serve with any or all extra toppings.
Recipe submitted by Lynsley H.
Prep Time: 20 minutes, plus cooking time
4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
1 15 oz can black beans, drained
1 7 oz can Ortega chiles, chopped
1 15.5 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 8 oz can corn, drained
1 6 oz can black olives, drained
1 small yellow onion, chopped
1 envelope of taco seasoning
8 oz cream cheese, cubed
1. Add all ingredients to crock pot except cream cheese.
2. Cook on high for 4 – 6 hours or low for 8 hours until chicken is extremely tender.
3. Shred chicken. Add cream cheese, cover and continue to cook on high for 30 minutes. Stir well and serve with tortillas, chips or over rice.
Recipe submitted by Angela B.