Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 ½ cups of Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Baking Flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 2 egg whites separated
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray donut pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the first seven dry ingredients, flour through sugar.
- In another small bowl, whisk together the melted and cooled butter, vanilla, egg yolks, and apple cider. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in. Mix gently.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the two egg whites for about a minute with a fork. You are trying to get them a little thick so they add some fluffiness to the doughnuts.
- Add egg whites to mixture and stir until mixed.
- Fill each doughnut well in the pan ½ full without covering the middle section.
- Bake for about 8 – 10 minutes.
- For icing, simply mix powdered sugar and maple syrup. Slowly add milk a little at a time, until you reach desired consistency.
- Allow doughnuts to cool completely before icing. Add sprinkles if desired before icing sets.
Recipe submitted by Angela B.