Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 24 oz. chicken broth
- 2 15oz cans great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 4oz cans diced mild green chiles
- 1 15oz can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup half and half
- sliced jalapenos
- sliced avocados
- dollop of sour cream
- minced fresh cilantro
- tortilla strips
- shredded Monterey jack or Mexican cheese
- Add chicken breasts to bottom of slow cooker, top with salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Top with diced onion, minced garlic, great Northern beans, green chiles, corn, chicken broth and cilantro. Stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken to large mixing bowl, shred, then return to slow cooker.
- Add cream cheese and half and half, stir, then cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes, or until chili is creamy and slightly thickened.
- Stir well and serve with desired toppings.
Recipe submitted by Angela B.