4 cups fresh or frozen (and thawed) corn kernels
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated, divided
1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
3 large eggs
2 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup breadcrumbs, divided
2/3 cup half-and-half
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
3 1/2 tablespoons fresh chives, plus extra for garnish
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 F and lightly grease a pie dish with butter or non-stick spray.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium-high heat and saute onion until soft and translucent, about 6 – 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant, then transfer mixture to a large bowl.
4. Add corn, milk, 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, chives, salt and pepper to the bowl with the onion. Mix until combined.
5. In a separate bowl, beat eggs with chili powder and paprika, then stir mixture into bowl with corn and onion until incorporated. Pour mixture into greased pie dish.
6. Microwave remaining 1 tablespoon butter until melted. Let cool slightly, then whisk together remaining breadcrumbs, cheese, and chives.
7. Evenly sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over corn, then place pie dish in oven and bake for 35 minutes, or until corn is puffed up and edges are starting to brown.
8. Remove from oven and let cool 5 – 10 minutes, then top with more chives or paprika.
Submitted by Angie B.