- 1 C butter
- 2 C sugar
- 1 C brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 C flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 ½ t cinnamon
- ½ t nutmeg
- ¼ allspice
- Pinch of salt
- Mix together softened butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Add beaten eggs.
- Mix flour, baking soda, spices, and salt.
- Combine wet & dry mix until well-blended.
- Roll dough into long rolls and wrap in wax or parchment paper. Freeze (overnight is best).
- When ready to bake, cut into ¼ inch cookies. Space about 2” apart on cookie sheet. They will spread as they bake.
- Oven should be at 350 degrees. Bake for approximately 8 minutes.
Dress with pecan in center of cookies. Let cookies set until they have cooled somewhat. They will firm up more as they cool.
Submitted by Lynsley H.