Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 25 – 30 minutes
Ingredients for Dough:
- 3 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup flour
Ingredients for Filling:
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. flour
Pecans: Chop 2/3 cup, adding ½ cup to the filling mixture. The rest can be used to sprinkle bottoms of dough cups before filling or sprinkled on top of dough mixture prior to baking.
- Mix dough ingredients together; form balls about 1 inch in diameter. If dough is too soft to form, then refrigerate until set.
- Spray miniature muffin tins with non-stick spray. Press pastry balls into muffin tin well, making small dough cups with sides up to the top and approximately 1/8” thick.
- Mix filling ingredients together. Add pecans.
- Put 1 teaspoonful of filling into each dough cup, about ¾ full. Filling will expand. Top with pecans if desired.
- Bake 325 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes; pastry will be just golden and filling set. Cool, then remove with knife.
- Store in covered container. Freezes well.
Recipe submitted by Lynsley H.